Mon espace

Accédez à votre espace locataire pour suivre votre dossier en ligne

Me connecter
Le logement étudiant en toute confiance




What is the guaranteed deposit? What is it for?

The guaranteed deposit is a sum paid by the tenants of FAC-HABITAT to
guarantee the execution of these rent obligations.

What are the steps to make a reservation?

After registering your housing demand on the Fac-habitat site,
1) Your file will be reviewed
2) The file is put on a waiting list (it will become « file accepted under
availability » ) or refused (does not correspond to the admission
3) Allocation of an apartment in case of availability
The supporting documents will only be required if an apartment has been
assigned to you.
When your file is complete, we will be able to proceed to the apartment
conditions and the transfer of keys.

What are the conditions of admission?

Fac-habitat can accomodate students, researchers or professors without
age limits along with any person in formations or internships, professional
or apprenticeship contract owners and young workers under the age of 30
not surpassing the limited resources set by the state.

What is included in the first payment?

The first payment includes the guaranteed deposit, the first month of rent by proportion.

What is the duration of the leasing agreement?

For students, interns, professors, researchers, the contract is set for a
duration of 1 year with automatic renewal.
For workers under the age of 30, the contract must be ended on the 31st of
August, and the automatic renewal is not applicable by default.

What costs are included in the rental charges?

The rents include the common charges of the building and the separate
charges of the water, electricity*, internet and heaters*.
* Except the following residences: Les Marronniers (Saint-Denis), Les
Hauts Bois (Noisy le Grand) and Marcel Pagnol (Lognes).

What is a guarantor?

A guarantor engages in the fulfillment of your unpaid bills, there exists 2
types of guarantors:
The physical guarantor is a friend or relative who is responsible for you in
case of unpaid bills and who will be prosecuted and convicted like you in
front of a competent court.
The moral guarantor is an organization who substitutes the physical
guarantor in order to assume the same role and who will engage in a
procedure against you for the payment of the sums advanced. FAC
HABITAT will engage in the eviction proceedings.

What kind of moral guarantor can I select?

1/ VISALE (shared housing) free plan for students and young workers from
18 to 30 years of age.
To make your VISALE request, connect to and return to us
the surety bond (“acte de cautionnement”).
2/ GARANTME payment plan of all:
Payment Amount: 3 % of the rental amount (instead of 3.5%, thanks to the
promo code: FAC-HABITAT2019).
To make your GARANTME request, connect to and
return to us the surety bond (“acte de cautionnement”).
Addressed to all except students with scholarships.
The demand regarding the bank must be completed before the signature of
the lease for an amount of 15 000 €.
4/ Enterprise
Addressed to all candidates eligible to the award criteria FAC HABITAT
The deposit engagement must be signed by the legal representative of the

Is a short stay possible?

A short stay is possible in the period from the 1st of January to the 31st of
August in special residences only, for more information, contact the service
location of the residence.

Can apartments be shared?

Yes, it is possible depending on the type of apartment considered a shared
apartment. It is necessary that the tenants appear on the housing demand
to appear on the leasing agreement.

What should you do in case of abandonment?

It is necessary to quickly contact the rental advisor in charge of your file in
order to inform them about your abandonment.

How can I reserve an apartment?

In order to access an apartment within the residences of Fac-habitat, select
the residence of your choice, then the apartment type of your choice, then
click on « d époser une demande » , create your account and complete the
housing demand application.
Your demand will be treated within the shortest delays and you will receive
a mail informing you the progress of your file.

Are the bathrooms and toilets private?

Yes, all apartments possess both private clean bathrooms and clean
Only the residence of Meaux, Nanterre and le Mans offer apartment type
‘duos’ where private rooms such as the kitchen may be shared.

Are there apartments adaptable to people with impared movements?

Fac-Habitat holds available apartments for students with impaired
movements (it is important to include it in the housing demand). In addition,
Fac-Habitat is partnered with Handivalise in order to facilitate the
displacement of handicapped people.

Can a minor rent an apartment?

Yes, a minor can rent a Fac-Habitat apartment, a specific administered
procedure will be placed. In effect, all contract documents will need to be
signed by the legal representative.

Will there be additional fees during the reservation of my apartment?

No fees will be needed for the reservation of a Fac-Habitat apartment, the
first payment will be paid by check, after the distribution of an apartment, it
corresponds to the guaranteed deposit and to the first month of rent.

What are the supporting documents needed to complete my rental agreement?

The supporting documents needed to complete the rental agreement will
be the following:
● Two-sided copy of an identity card or a copy of the residence permit
for people of foreign nationality.
● Copy of the last tax notice, or a certificate of non-taxation
accompanied by the certificate of attachment to the taxed household.
● An identity bank or mail statement
● A certificate of rent to date or a certificate of accommodation.
● A multi-risk home insurance certificate
● 2 Identification pictures
For students : copy of student card for the year in school or certificate
of inscription (two-sided)
For interns : copy of internship certification
For workers : copies of last 3 payslips.
For researchers : two-sided copy of certificate/convention of
laboratory stage.
For people performing civic duties : copy of volunteer card

For the joint guarantee(s), the copies of the following documents:
● Two-sided copy of an identity card
● A recent bank or postal statement of their name
● The last 3 payslips, the last pension slips for retirees or the balance
sheet simplified for all self-employed workers.
● Two-sided copy of the last tax notice
● The last bill for electricity, water or gas

My record is on a waiting list, when will I get a reply?

An advisor will contact you as soon as an apartment becomes available
according to your position on the waiting list. No documentation should be
sent to Fac-habitat until an allocation of apartment has been made.


Who should I contact in case of a problem?

For any administrative request, you should contact your rental advisor.
For any technical request, you must contact the care and maintenance manager of your residence.
For any rental management request, you must contact the management department available at 04 42 37 17 60.

What is the housing assistance? How do you get it?

The APL or ALS are aids paid by the Caisse d’Allocation Familiale which
you can benefit (according to certain criteria). A rental certificate will be
sent to you when signing the lease. The file must be submitted by you, to
the CAF, before the end of the first month of entering the apartment.
We advise you to simulate the calculation of housing aid of the apartment
in which you can benefit.
Note: You will only be able to benefit from this aid if the apartment
subcontract rental is under your name. On the other hand, it cannot be
combined with family allowances. Finally, it should be noted that only the
main rent and service charge are to declare on your request because the
apartments are approved, the furniture are not compatible in the
calculations of your rights nevertheless this does not lower the amount of
your aids.

Can the housing assistance be paid into my account and not the Fac-habitat?

No, the APL is automatically paid on the account of FAC-HABITAT and is deducted from the rent.

Can I receive friends in my apartment?

It is definitely possible to receive friend(s) in your apartment in the circumstance in which this does not disturb the life conditions of the habitants in the residence.

Is home insurance compulsory?

The insurance of your apartment and your furniture is required. It will be
taken before entering the premises, and will be presented to Fac-Habitat at
the latest when you hand over the keys.
When signing your lease, in order to facilitate your administrative
procedures, Fac-Habitat will offer you a multi-risk home insurance.
Its importance is real and will cover the property in the event of rental risks.
You should create your insurance certificate every year.

Is it possible to terminate the lease?

Yes, you can terminate your lease at any moment in respect to delays of the notice.

Where and how should I send my notice?

Your notice should be sent by recommended letter with AR to the following address:

Your notice must be sent by registered letter with acknowledgment of receipt. 

For the residences of Alfortville, Drancy, Evry, Herblay-sur-Seine, La Rochette, Lieusaint, Melun, Montmagny, Noisy-le-sec, Orly, Orsay, Palaiseau, Pierrefitte-sur-Seine, Quincy-sous-senart and Villeneuve-Saint-Georges :


58, rue de l'Ecluse

Bâtiment A1

77000 MELUN

For the residences of Aubervilliers, Bois-Colombes, Bourg-la-Reine, Bussy-saint-georges, Carrières-sur-Seine, Cergy, Champs-sur-marne, Choisy-le-Roi, Courbevoie, Creteil, Gentilly, Ivry-sur-Seine, La Courneuve, Lognes, Loos, Maisons-laffitte, Malakoff, Massy, Meaux, Nanterre, Noisy-le-grand, Paris, Pontoise, Saint-denis, Saint-Ouen, Sceaux, Strasbourg, Suresnes and Villejuif :


Immeuble Le Rond Point

8, mail Barthélémy Thimonnier

CS 60 644

77437 MARNE LA VALLEE Cédex 02

For the residences of Bastia, Beausoleil, Fréjus, Gardanne, Marseille, Montfavet, Nice, Nîmes, Saint-Raphaël, Toulon and Toulon - la valette :


Résidence Norbert Ségard

Rue Henri Pertus

83000 TOULON

For the residences of Angers, Cesson-Sévigné and Nantes : :


Résidence De La Salle

75, boulevard Michelet

44300 NANTES

For the residences of Grenoble and Lyon :


78, rue de Marseille

69007 LYON

For the residences of Dijon and Nevers :


Résidence Saint Exupéry

70 Boulevard des Martyrs de la Résistance

21000 DIJON

For the residences of Mans:


Résidence Le Ribay

21, Boulevard Georges Méliès

72000 LE MANS

For the residences of Clermont-Ferrand :


Résidence Rabelais

28, Rue des Meuniers


What is the duration of my notice?

The duration of the departing notice is from 1 month or 3 months (see the general conditions of your sub-contract) from the date of receipt of mail.
It is noted that the housing aids are not paid if you leave the apartment during the month.

Can I leave my apartment before the end of my notice?

You can leave your apartment before the end of your notice while you are liable for rent and charges during the effective period of the notice.

How do I report a technical problem?

For all technical problems and to ensure a better follow-up, it is
recommended to make an incident report on the FAC web application of
You have the possibility to contact the care and maintenance manager of
your residence.

Can I have a pet?

Pets are tolerated in the building with the express conditions that they will
not disturb the collective life of the residence, with the exception of 1st
class dogs (attack dogs) who are strictly prohibited. Tolerated pets should
not roam in the common areas.

What do I do if I lose my keys?

We advise you to first contact the maintenance manager and maintenance
of the residence. You can also approach your bank insurance or
subsequently your home insurance.

When will my security deposit be refunded and how?

The security deposit will be returned to the sub-tenant within one month that the state of exit is conformed to the state of entry or within two months in other cases after the return of the keys where there will be the debit deduction if you are in default.
If you are debited, it will be refunded by bank transfer to the direct debit account, otherwise you will receive a check letter to the address indicated during the state of exit.

How do I properly maintain my apartment?

It is a system that allows you to renew the air that circulates in your home,
as well as the evacuation of humidity and dust in order to mitigate the risks
of mold, fungus in damp rooms, detachment of your wallpaper…
You should never block them.
You must clean them once a month.
To do this, remove the cover completely, clean the grill and the membrane
which is found inside with soapy water, dry everything and put back the
cover in place.
Finally, to avoid condensation problems in your bathroom, take the habit of
leaving your door open, mainly after taking your shower to allow better
ventilation of the room.

Air entrances
They are located on the windows of your home and allow air to enter them.
Under no circumstances should you block them.
You should clean them quarterly.

The fridge
Remember to defrost it every month. Leave the thermostat on 3. When you
are away turn down the thermostat unless food is present in your freezer. If
you cut your electricity while going on vacation, remember to open the door
of the fridge.

Electric plates
You should never wash them with plenty of water, use a damp sponge with
a cleaning product.

When your plates break down, you’ve gotten them too wet. In this case,
wait 2 or 3 days before using them again for them to dry. If the problem
persists, notify your care and maintenance manager.

How can I prepare my state of exit?

FAC-HABITAT will offer you the possibility of an advisory visit by
appointment before your final state of exit, it is highly recommended. Free,
it allows you to know the possible repairs at your expense as well as the
estimated cost.
The state of exit will be made at the time of your departure, upon return of
the keys. It is important for both parties to notify in writing the findings made
regarding the apartment.

Can the date of my direct debiting be changed?

A single date of direct debit is set up at FAC-HABITAT, it is therefore impossible to modify the date, it will be then necessary to consider other payment methods.

I left my apartment, CAF is asking me for a refund that you have perceived, how do I proceed?

You have no action to take, FAC-HABITAT takes care of reimbursing CAF.

My banking details have changed, how do I modify my SEPA direct debiting?

To modify your banking details, simply contact your rental advisor in order
to complete a new SEPA mandate and to supply your new RIB. If the
account holder changes, you will also have to provide the mobile number
and the email of the new holder.

Is a housing tax to be expected?

This tax is due when you occupy the premises on January 1 of the year tax.
However, in some cases you can benefit from a total or partial exemption.
In this case, just send a recommendation letter to the tax center for an
exemption request.

My contract is expiring, how can I renew it?

If you are a student, teacher, researcher, no cost will be performed, your
contract is automatically renewed.
If your contract has been signed for a fixed period ending on August 31,
you should contact your rental advisor to find out about any renewal
If you do not have student status and you are over the age of 30 years, no
renewal is possible.

When will my rent be paid?

Your rent is to be paid at the expiry date, or the last day of the month.

How will my apartment state of entry function?

The apartment state of entry is a document signed by the tenant and
Fac-Habitat, which serves to depict the apartment state upon entry in the
place. It allows in a type of way to “photograph” the state of the apartment
before your arrival and transfer of the keys.
It is important for the 2 parties to notify by writing the findings made
concerning the apartment. It will be the same when you leave.

What are the equipment of my apartment?

The majority of the Fac-habitat apartments are furnished with a table,
chairs, bed(s) or convertible sofa, desk and library. They contain a kitchen
area with a sink, hotplates and fridge ; as well as a shower and toilet.

Who should I address to rent a parking space?

For all parking demand, you will need to contact your rental advisor or the
care and maintenance manager.

How can I pay my rent?

The automatic payment is the most commonly used payment method
because it is quick and simple.
You will need to complete the SEPA mandate proposed when signing your
lease and then no more forgetfulness.
No need to worry about your rent, the amount of your rent is automatically
debited, on the last day of the month, on the bank account registered, in
taking into account the APL or ALS received.
If necessary, you can pay your rent by credit card from your tenant space
or to pay by bank transfer or check.
Rents must be paid a the expired time.

Trouver mon logement, simplement, en 4 étapes

Etape 1
Choose your rental
Choose the city for the residence you want using the map of France in "our residences". The description of the chosen residence will then appear. You can now book your choice of apartment by clicking "Book". 
Etape 2
Put your file together
You must complete an information form about you and one about your guarantor after confirming your choice of apartment. We will process your file as soon as possible once it has been sent.  
Etape 3
Sign your lease online
After your application has been accepted and a rental has been allocated, you'll have access to your rental contract and appendixes. You have 5 days to initial and sign the documents and return them to us with items to confirm your booking. The dates for the inventory and key handover will be...
Etape 4
Welcome home!

Pourquoi choisir Fac-Habitat ?

Des services, des prix adaptés aux étudiants et l'expérience en plus

Une application au service de ses locataires !

Une application au service de ses locataires !

Payez votre loyer en un seul clic, gérez vos documents et déclarez vos incidents en ligne

Une application au service de ses locataires !

Un prix tout compris

La mensualité comprend le loyer, les charges, la cotisation…

Sans engagement et gratuit

Sans engagement et gratuit

Le bail en ligne est sans engagement et gratuit

30 ans d'expérience

35 ans d'expérience

dans l'accompagnement des étudiants dans la location immobilière

Electricité verte

Développement durable

Notre association s'engage dans une démarche de développement durable : énergies renouvelables, tri des déchets...

Découvrez nos résidences étudiantes en France

Résidence étudiante Aix-en-Provence / Gardanne
Résidence étudiante Alfortville
Résidence étudiante Angers
Résidence étudiante Aubervilliers
Résidence étudiante Avignon
Résidence étudiante Bastia
Résidence étudiante Beausoleil
Résidence étudiante Bois-colombes
Résidence étudiante Bordeaux
Résidence étudiante Bourg-la-reine
Résidence étudiante Bussy-Saint-Georges
Résidence étudiante Carrières-sur-Seine
Résidence étudiante Cergy-Pontoise
Résidence étudiante Champs-sur-Marne
Résidence étudiante Chatillon
Résidence étudiante Choisy-le-Roi
Résidence étudiante Clermont-Ferrand
Résidence étudiante Courbevoie
Résidence étudiante Créteil
Résidence étudiante Dijon
Résidence étudiante Drancy
Résidence étudiante Evry
Résidence étudiante Fréjus
Résidence étudiante Gentilly
Résidence étudiante Grenoble
Résidence étudiante Herblay-sur-Seine
Résidence étudiante Ivry-sur-Seine
Résidence étudiante La Courneuve
Résidence étudiante La Rochette
Résidence étudiante La Valette - Toulon
Résidence étudiante Le Mans
Résidence étudiante Lieusaint
Résidence étudiante Lille / Loos
Résidence étudiante Lognes
Résidence étudiante Lyon
Résidence étudiante Maisons-Laffitte
Résidence étudiante Malakoff
Résidence étudiante Marseille
Résidence étudiante Massy
Résidence étudiante Meaux
Résidence étudiante Melun
Résidence étudiante Montmagny
Résidence étudiante Nancy
Résidence étudiante Nanterre
Résidence étudiante Nantes
Résidence étudiante Nevers
Résidence étudiante Nice
Résidence étudiante Nîmes
Résidence étudiante Noisy-le-Grand
Résidence étudiante Noisy-le-sec
Résidence étudiante Orly
Résidence étudiante Orsay
Résidence étudiante Palaiseau
Résidence étudiante Paris
Résidence étudiante Pierrefitte-sur-Seine
Résidence étudiante Quincy sous Sénart
Résidence étudiante Rennes / Cesson-Sévigné
Résidence étudiante Saint-Denis
Résidence étudiante Saint-Mandé
Résidence étudiante Saint-Ouen
Résidence étudiante Saint-Raphaël
Résidence étudiante Sceaux
Résidence étudiante Strasbourg
Résidence étudiante Suresnes
Résidence étudiante Toulon
Résidence étudiante Toulouse
Résidence étudiante Villejuif
Résidence étudiante Villeneuve-Saint-Georges